Sunday, July 18, 2010

IACT Convocation 2010!

17th July 2010, I officially graduated at One World Hotel - The IACT Convocation 2010. Woohoo! After a 2 and a half hardcore years wandering around IACT; all the ups and downs, left and right; crashing and burning; joy and memories; they all were rounded up and came to an end. My college life is over, then a new journey begins.

I feel so grown-up already. No more books, notes, assignments... I'm an adult that is gonna face the real world, practically 1 more week away.

It started at 8am, and that's actually a rehearsal for all the graduates. We had to try on our gowns, our seats, numbering, queue to receive our certificates... then the exact ceremony started at 9.30am. The graduation ceremony was no doubt, a blast. Eventhough my parents didn't make it, I still felt gracious and simply happy. Seeing friends, chatting, laughing, mingling, we graduate together - awesome! I couldn't be happier. It felt so good to dress up so nicely to the ceremony. Everyone was neatly suit up in their formal attires; leather shoes, jackets, ties, heels, make-up - we were all pretty. Lol. Then we had to put on the gown. That was funny! I was being called a garbage bag because the gown was so huge! Hahaha.. and it's heavy. Pfft. So tiring wearing it, our bodies were all stiff in the gown. But it was so fun to wear it, all of a sudden, we were like in the Harry Potter movie, walking around with the big gown. Some speaking in the Hogwards' accent, the magic broom, spells - hardcore jokers.

After many speeches given by the VIP's, it was time for the graduates to get on stage to receive our certificates. It was kind of nerve-racking! While lining up, I felt so jolly inside, I got even more jolly and nervous when it was my turn to get on stage. It was very quick though, like a few seconds thing - step up, shake hands and take the certificates, pose for the photographers, then go. Lol.

It ended around 1pm. After the ceremony, everyone was back to mingling. Many catching up and photo-taking. Oh, I forgotten to mention that the refreshment that they served was actually quite nice! I mean, it's ok to pay that RM120 for the convocation after all. The hotel's grand and up to standard... yea, it was all perfect.

This is a group picture, but not a perfect one, because it's only a few of us. I'm still waiting for more pictures to be uploaded so that I can grab them. Would upload it soon! However, you can always check out all the photos in Facebook.

By the way. After the ceremony, we went for a drink at OU to catch up with each other. Then we planned to celebrate our graduation once more, so we headed down to Bangsar South City at midnight. Gosh, as usual - the alcohol. Hm. It burnt my wallet, and it made me so tipsy. So tipsy I felt so sick and suffering this morning when I woke up. I don't wanna drink anymore! Just thinking of the smell of alcohol can make me sick already. *vomit*


Alright. I shall stop here. Let the memories fill me in again. Goodnight world.

No comments: