Saturday, April 17, 2010

Philea Home Visit.

It was a very long journey. Super duper long.

Anyhow. I have to say, it was a very nice and self-satisfying visitation. The kids are just so adorable and innocent... I personally feel so happy and heart warming seeing the kids. Especially when the kids hold their team leaders' hands, as if they're so close after the first visit already. I as the OC, looking at how well my team members are doing, I feel really proud myself.

They're all Indians, and 26 out of 30 of them are girls. They're just so cute. I get to mingle with a few of them. They're very friendly as well, as though whoever talking to them seem just alright to them. The kids are very well behaved too. They're always saying thank you when we gave them something. And when we left, they were all standing together at the gate to wave us goodbye. How sweet is that? They're all so young... age between 7 to 14. So young and innocent. It's so poor thing when some of them are not able to tell their own age.. as they're not sent to schools to study. But nah, the place they're staying right now seems fine. With proper basic equipments...

I donated a big chunk of my chick flick storybooks to them. Other donated rice, clothes, toys... so fun! Only thing is, the home was a hell of a hot place! Like dessert. Everyone was sweating, face and hands and legs all sweaty and sticky. Lol.. All in all, it was a worthy trip.

The next time we're gonna meet again will be 8th May - the event at the zoo! Can't wait for it to come. Can't wait for it to be over too. I'm getting really tired over it already.. sob. I want a break... a long break.

Till then. Goodnight.

No comments: