Monday, June 8, 2009

Beach.

I just got back home from Penang yesterday. It was really a fun and satisfying trip, I've to say!

It felt so good to look at the ocean, hanging out at the beach... enjoying the wind, the waves, the water splashing on me, the sand... it was just so enjoyable. It's been years since I last went to the beach, I can't recall which was the beach I last went to before Penang.

By the way. We took off to Penang on Friday(05.06.09). Left the house at about 6.30am.

We went to Kek Lok Si temple when we first reached there. The weather was very VERY hot. All of us were sweating like crazy, or buckets, as we were walking all the way... all around the temple, going up and down. Lol. Went there to pray a little, took some pictures, we had lunch. About 2pm only we went to the hotel to check-in.

It was Cop Thorne Orchid Hotel, somewhere around Batu Feringghi area. The hotel was nice, very comfy. Parents got 2 bedrooms that were connected, so we get to not sleep with each other, but in a way, still sleeping with each other. Hahaha. But it was ok, we've got one bed ourselves.

The afternoon was pretty relaxing. We only chilled in the hotel room. Until it was evening, dad took us to the beach! Yes..damn awesome. The beach was a private beach, specially for people staying in that hotel. It was not really dirty... it's very sandy. The wave was big... me and my sisters had so much fun sun bathing there. The view was nice.. Hmm. What more can I say? After the beach, we headed to the swimming pool for awhile, then went for dinner.

Surprisingly and awkwardly, Penang's hawker food were not so good anymore. It's not only expansive, but it tasted... pretty bad. I've no idea why! I remember last time when I was still young, we went to Penang, and the hawker food they have was so delicious, especially the char koay teow. But the one I tasted again was not at all delicious. The food in Gurney Drive hawker centre was even worst...seriously. Was kind's disappointed. But then, mom spent us Starbucks after dinner.. yippe. Not so bad?? Haha.

We had our breakfast the next morning in one of the dining place of the hotel. Free breakfast. It was pretty normal, typical buffet breakfast. After we were done eating, we went down to the beach again! Yay. I was so excited to get under the sun, to get myself tanned. Well, I think I did... but just a little. Argh! We played around, jumping around, taking lots of pictures... And I found that just doing all that at the beach can make me so tired. I was freaking tired once I got out of the beach. Energy level total zero. Uh huh!

Lazed around the town for awhile, got some food to eat for the afternoon... pretty much just driving around. Dad got lost in the middle of the road, but he managed to find the way back to the hotel after awhile. Jo, Mab and I slept through the car touring. Was sleeping like nobody's business. Hehe. After resting awhile back in the hotel, we went down to the beach for our last sun bathing. The best food we've ever eaten from the moment we step into Penang is this - our dinner after going to the beach. It's a mamak, only a couple blocks away from the hotel. I thought they have the best tosei, the best roti canai, the best indian rice, and the best chicken! Or maybe because we were all so damn hungry...? I don't know. But it was like, so awesome to eat there. Plus, the mamak is a high class mamak... a very beach-like setting, with music, soothing lights. Hmmmm...




We left Penang in the morning. We took the ferry...also one of the things that I love about Penang. Reached home at 3pm. We packed our stuffs back... wash the clothes, clean up the house a little. I went to baby's place for dinner after that, then I called it a day. It was a very tiring day too. But it felt so good to be home, and to see baby. Missed him!







So yea. To cut it short, that's about it. Lol.

No comments: